Although going to the dentist every six months is not something that everyone looks forward to, it is one of the most crucial appointments to keep. If you have ever wondered what the point of getting regular dental examinations and cleanings is, we have got something for you to consider.
If you are thinking of skipping a dental check-up due to expenses or another consideration such as time or dental phobia, make sure you weigh all of the hazards. In the long run, the cost of not visiting your dentist will almost certainly be far higher, both in terms of your cash and your peace of mind.
Reasons to Consider a Dental Check-up Important
If you think missing a scheduled dental examination procedure is no big deal, then the following reasons may make you rethink:
- During every dental visit for a teeth exam, your dentist will also perform a regular dental cleaning. In addition to your regular brushing and flossing, this is the most effective method to get your mouth rid of plaque and tartar build-up. If your teeth and gums stay safe from dental decay, then you can easily prevent cavities and gum disease
- In case you already have some form of gum disease, then a regular teeth exam becomes even more significant. Your dentist will be able to perform the appropriate cleaning treatment so that the disease does not progress and evaluate your oral health to ensure that no new problems have occurred
- We all have several bad lifestyle habits that cause bodily damage, including to our teeth and gums. A dental visit helps the dentist identify any such damage in earlier stages. The earlier a problem is detected, the easier is to control or even reverse it. Additionally, your dentist can guide you on what habits to quit to maintain a healthy mouth
- While a regular dental check-up is not invasive, your dentist does know what signs to look for. This is why a teeth exam can help detect oral cancer in earlier stages. A timely diagnosis is critical for easily treating the cancer
- In addition to checking your teeth and gums, the dentist will also examine your head, neck, and lymph nodes during the procedure. In case any abnormality is found or suspected, the dentist can refer you to the right medical professional and get timely treatment
- A teeth exam also includes dental x-rays, which can assist in identifying issues that may not be apparent on the surface. This helps in diagnosing underlying issues such as damage to the jaw bone, cysts, etc.
Affordable Dentist in Chula Vista
Dr. Nick Addario provides a wide range of dental treatments at affordable costs in Chula Vista. Each patient will have a dental plan according to their individual dental needs, which will include regular dental check-ups. Patients will find their dental visits comfortable due to the supervision of expert dentists, trained staff, and a hygienic ambience.