Do you have a missing tooth? Or you just got your tooth extracted? Dental bridges are a great way to cover the gap.
A dental bridge consists of a pontic which is a prosthetic tooth and an abutment which are the supporting crowns on each side of the pontic.
Pontic is usually made from different materials such as porcelain, gold, etc.
Uses of Dental Bridges:
Dental bridges are used for various purposes.
- Restore a missing tooth: Dental bridges are one of the most common ways to restore a missing tooth.
- Improves chewing ability: It also helps to improve your chewing ability. It also readjusts your bite by distributing equal chewing force.
- Speech restoration: It also helps in speech restoration. And also helps to improve pronunciation.
- Prevent adjacent teeth from moving out: Missing teeth can result in a disturbance amongst natural teeth. They start to move out from their designated places. A dental bridge helps to prevent the natural teeth from moving out.
Types of Dental Bridges:
There are FOUR different types of dental bridges available.
- Traditional bridges
- Cantilever bridges
- Maryland bridges
- Dental implants supported bridges
A traditional bridge is made from two abutment teeth on each side of the crown. It is common and requires two healthy adjacent teeth.
The downside of this bridge is your both natural teeth’ enamel has to be removed.
They are almost the same as a traditional bridge, but with one abutment of teeth cemented to the crown.
They are the same as a traditional bridge, but the abutment teeth cemented to the crown in Maryland Bridge are two natural abutment teeth.
Dental implants supported bridges:
These bridges are used in the treatment of dental implants, which help the bridges to stay in one position.
How much are dental bridges?
The price of dental bridges depends on a few things such as the number of missing teeth, materials, the complexity of dental bridge placement, dental diseases, and the expertise of your dentist.
It also depends on the location. So, the cost of traditional dental bridges in Chula Vista is $2,000 to $5,000 for one missing tooth. Whereas for Maryland and implants supported bridges, costs are $1,500 to $2,500 and $5,000 to $15,000 respectively.
There are chances that your insurance plan might cover the cost of dental bridges.
How long does a dental bridge last?
Dental bridges last for 5 to 20 years depending on how you took care of them.
Dental bridge aftercare:
To take care of a dental bridge is simple, brush twice a day and floss daily. Also, visit your dentist in Chula Vista to get a consultation. There are no such limitations regarding foods and smoking, but to get the best results, you must avoid harmful intoxications.
Dental bridges are an important restorative treatment. To get top-notch dental service in Chula Vista, you can contact us now. Our professional dentists will give you the best advice for you. Call us now and book an appointment.