Dentists recommend getting dental veneers to fix dental issues such as discolouration, unevenly spaced teeth, chipped, or mishappen teeth.
Let us learn what are dental veneers and their benefits.
Dental veneers are thin, tooth-coloured shells that cover the front surfaces of teeth to improve their appearance. They are usually composed of porcelain or resin composite materials and are glued to your teeth permanently.
The treatment can be used to correct a variety of cosmetic issues, including chipped, broken, discoloured, or undersized teeth. When a tooth is cracked or chipped, some people only need one veneer, but most people need six to eight veneers to achieve an equal, symmetrical smile. They are most typically used on the upper front eight teeth.
The Pros of Veneers
Here are five pros of veneers if you are considering them as an option to fix your dental issues:
- After getting the dental veneers procedure, you will notice that the results are quite natural looking. The material used is easily matchable with the existing colour of your teeth. Moreover, each veneer can be customised to match the shape of the tooth under treatment.
- It is a simple cosmetic dentistry treatment that does not require much invasiveness. Your dentist will only remove a tiny part of your natural tooth structure in order to place the dental veneer successfully. In comparison, dental crowns are much more invasive.
- They are a quicker fix for certain cosmetic dental problems. For example, braces can improve the gaps between teeth, but veneers can do the same in much less time and without discomfort.
- Among the many pros of veneers, patients will be happy to know that these are permanent and long-lasting. They can easily resist dental decay as well as staining. For this reason, many people opt for dental veneers than getting a whitening procedure for their teeth frequently.
- Another great benefit of having this treatment is that they do not require any special maintenance. After getting the procedure, you can continue with your normal dental hygiene and care routine. You have to brush twice a day and floss at least once, just like you do with natural teeth, to maintain the veneers.
It is significant to remember that despite the many pros of treatment, only your dentist can determine if these are the ideal solution for you. Your cosmetic dentist in Chula Vista will first evaluate your oral health and then recommend the best cosmetic fix.
Affordable Dental Veneers in Chula Vista
Dr Nick Addario offers quality and affordable dental veneers procedure at his dental clinic in Chula Vista. Patients will first be evaluated to determine if dental veneers are the right cosmetic dentistry treatment for them.
Our clients will be able to get dental services in a comfortable and hygienic environment, along with the supervision of qualified dentists and the assistance of trained staff. In addition to dental veneers procedures, Dr Addario’s dental clinic offers a wide range of cosmetic dentistry treatments.