Dental or teeth bonding is an ideal treatment for the purposes of fixing gaps, discoloration, and damage to teeth. If these problems have been making you feel down about the appearance of your smile, then a dental bonding procedure can restore your confidence.
What is a Dental Bonding Procedure?
Tooth bonding is a treatment in which your dentist repairs damage to your tooth with a tooth-colored composite resin. It is less expensive than crowns and veneers, which are other cosmetic dentistry alternatives. It is also a simple technique to perform because it is minimally invasive. It just gets a little more complicated if you’re getting a cavity filled, in which case you’ll probably need anaesthetic as well.
Advantages of Getting Teeth Bonding
There are several benefits of dental bonding, which makes it a popular cosmetic dentistry procedure. Here are five benefits to consider:
- The procedure is quicker than that of veneers or crowns. The dentist may be able to accomplish the procedure in just one visit. Additionally, dental bonding does not require the use of a dental laboratory and can be accomplished in the office. The technique, which involves putting the substance to each of the impacted teeth, can be carried out without the need for orthodontics
- Teeth bonding is also less expensive than dental veneers or crowns. Your dentist may be able to complete the procedure in one sitting without the need for any further appointments. You will save both time and money by doing so. However, most insurance policies do not cover cosmetic dental treatments, but you can always double-check with your provider
- It can fix a wide range of dental defects that the majority of patients have. Minor chips and cracks caused by accidents or injuries can be hidden using it. It can also be used to remove stains from smoking and certain meals. Bonding the front teeth to cure decaying areas is also an option for patients. Patients can also utilize it to modify the structure of their teeth in order to produce a more angular shape
- A dental bonding procedure only necessitates the removal of a little portion of the enamel. This means that if you decide to stop treatment, you may quickly remove the composite resin without causing irreversible damage to your teeth. Porcelain veneers, on the other hand, permanently alter the appearance of your teeth
- The technique’s result is quite natural-looking and aesthetically pleasing because the resin bonding material used during the surgery is matched to the current color of your damaged tooth and that of the surrounding teeth
Cosmetic Dentist in Chula Vista
Dr. Nick Addario is a cosmetic dentist in Chula Vista and offers quality and affordable dental bonding procedures at his clinic. During an initial consultation, you will be evaluated for determining if teeth bonding is an ideal option for fixing your teeth issues.